Karlskrona, Sweden is a World Heritage Site.

More photos below…

From http://www.navalcity.org/htmlsidor/valkommen_eng.htm

In 1998 Karlskrona became item no. 560 on UNESCO’s list of irreplaceable World Heritage Sites. In an international context, the city is of major importance, representing as it does an unrivalled illustration of how a fortified naval town and base from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries was planned and established.

In the eighteenth century developments in Karlskrona in the fields of shipbuilding, architecture, town planning, military construction and engineering, attracted widespread notice and recognition from the continent.

For more than a century the distinctive architecture and specialised installations at the Navy yard served as a hub of military technology and industry in the Baltic region. Both the naval base and the dockyard have been in continuous operation from the time they were first established until the present day.

The Fredrik Church. It is a Baroque church consecrated in 1744. The architect Nicodemus Tessin (the younger) was inspired by Italian architecture.

The Fredrik Church and the Great Square. There is a marketplace in the Great Square every Saturday.

The Town Hall.

From www.karlskrona.se:

Trefaldighetskyrkan.

The Church of the Holy Trinity is by some considered to be the grandest work of architecture in the town. It is also known as the German Church since it was the parish church for members of the German community in the town until 1846.

The church, modelled on the Pantheon in Rome, was designed by Nicodemus Tessin the younger and was consecrated in 1709 and by 1750 the copper-roofed church had been more or less completed.

The fire that ravaged the town in 1790, also left the church in ruins and all that remained were the blackened walls. It took 12 years to rebuild. After the reconstruction, the church had a somewhat different appearance. The new dome, designed by Professor Olof Tempelman, was of a simpler, purer form, and more in keeping with the style of the Pantheon. The portico at the north end of the building was not completed until 1862, and followed Tessin´s original plans.

Karl XI, the founder of Karlskrona.

The Water Castle:

Continue to walk in the Trosso island. A fortress named Aurora Bastion:

The Admiralty Church, dates from 1685 and is the largest wooden church in Sweden.

The “Out of the book”:

The Admiralty Clock Tower:

The Blekinge county Museum:

The Naval yard and some naval places:

The Stumholmen island:

The very peaceful sea. Very quiet. Almost without people around. Peace. Serenity.

Serenity also exist in the land:

The Naval Museum:

The Bjorkholmen island:

Over.

Recommendated websites and links: